Monday, February 20, 2006

Courses...just wanted to share...

Doctor Vinod Vidwans is a genius... I am totally awwed by this ocean of knowledge... (not that this is the first time I'm having crush on my NID professors ;D)

Well, first of all I would like to tell the world the course we had last week. I was too good I tell you. We made soft switches out of textiles and to my suprise we used conducting thread for sewing tissue(Joey called it 'organza') ...and that 'American thread' would shot circuit after the very first wash, so we used (Indian) zaris (trust me they conduct electricity like anything)
So she said she's going to "smuggle" these fabrics and threads to U.S. :-P
Joanna (http://hybrid.concordia.ca/~joey/bio.html) guided us through this workshop. She was accompanied with Marguerite and Bruno...
The workshop was "multidisciplinery" in true sense .........The ID's i.e. Industrial Design students plus VC's i.e. Visual Communication students working together...yesss. For the first time I could see rather feel the way Product designers conceptualize and work on a design idea... Thanx a millions Milindo (our course coordinator...and yet another crush...) for this course...

.....Great goodness I can go on and on with this description....but I honestly would like to share the products we delivered.....one of them was the first experimental switch that would make one set of LEDs glow when you touch one part of it and another pattern would glow when you touch the other pattern. IT WAS WORKING!!!
Another thing that we made was a bedsheet for a cardiac patient. The sheet was emroidered with the conducting thread two parallel lines very close but not touching each other (one attached to positive terminal and another attached to negative terminal) and whan the bedsheet gets wet by exessive sweating of the patient due to uneasines it would trigger an alarm coz the sanity of sweat would complete the circuit. EVEN THIS WAS WORKING!!! Great job Eva.....................ya and Vivek........... and Snehal.............. and Reshma (ya it was a group work...well I am honest...)

Will post the pictures later (as soon as I get them)

No comments: