Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Sick of these "Bachchans"

Right from "anardaana" to "Fast Relief"...to various adverts in radio...always in the news for everything they do... (even sneezing for that matter)...isnt media got anything else to give us...
Well...to be 'frank'...brutally frank I must say, I am sick of this bachchan family hogging the limelight as if there is no one else in the celeb list.

I find it so ridiculous that when AB senior is nominated for any award...he takes along with him the entire two generations...sometimes it might also be anticipated that there would be more "Bachchans" in the audience that the "audience" themselves.
When you are inviting the eternal (dumb) beauty as you chief (or not so chief) guest for any of your show (or any damn thing for that matter), be prepared to book the entire floor of the 5 star hotel for the Bachchan senior with his wife, his daughter with her husband and his grand daughter...so on...
No other family in the entire history of bollywood has acted so cheaply.

What is more wierd to me is that they are called "the first family" of bollywood...as if there is some presidential election going on in bollywood cinema...and the senior bachchan (and is entire clan) have been unanimously elected as the president of bollywood cinema...
have they forgotten that the "Legendary Kapoor family" has given four of their generations to the Indian Cinema??? And the Cinema would have been nowhere even closer to where it is now without their contribution... To me...the Kapoors are the "First Family" even today. They have given new dimension to our cinema.

As of the great Bachchans...what new have they given us in terms of entartainment?? AB senior wasnt the first angry young man...he just cashed on the popularity of this character. He didnt retire from playing that bloody 'action figure' untill he was kicked and thrown out by the audience themselves...(remember those wierdo flicks like Toofaan, Jaadugar, Indrajit...and many I dont even remember...) My entire generation as kids were deprived of good cinema all thanks to him. The same thing is being repeated on the small screen now....unless we really kick him out of our bedrooms....he will keep coming and depriving us of all the fresh stuffs on the small screen...

Speaking of newness...neither did AB junior try anything new...and madamme ex-miss world (at least now she should be spared of that title...it has been more than a decade for God's sake)...she is far from the world of acting...proving time and again that she is one plastic beauty and nothing else...had met a director in one of the semiars and he unofficially said that he is scared of casting her in his movies...more cost, more retakes, and less effective output :P
It is time they should be exiled for sometime and we should witness something fresh and new for our entertainment.
I am sure I'm not the only one thinking this...am I??? >:D

4 comments:

Sajal said...

whoaaaaaa.... that's some heat!! I had to switch the A.C. on in full blast!! ;)

Well jokes apart... I do really feel that AB senior has over done himself... but you need to consider the fact that "he's the only earning memeber of the family and has such a big family to support - on top of that he added an ex-miss world to the clan who already had a very high cost of maintenance!!"

So, he has no choice... The Miss World pagent held in India (an and organized by then ABCL) let AB senior gasping for air and corner to hide from bankrupcy!!

Think him of a family trying to feed his family ;) Chalo ji ab Chill maaro :)

Eva said...

I know yaar...Actually this post was long due...I was furious why Madamme got "Padmashree" I mean...this prestigious awards has been awarded to talented people for their extraordinary contribution in their respective fields till date ...not for being "Dumb and Beautiful". arrgghhhh!!

I never could have guessed that National awards could stoop to this level....huh!!

GAGAN said...

now lets hear something about SRK :)

Eva said...

I dont think he (SRK) is 'overdoing' anything if we compare him with the other 'star' mentioned in this post..!